a person or group of people who are charged with or on trial for a crime.“the accused was ordered to stand trial on a number of charges”
- a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.
“victims of domestic violence”
synonyms: sufferer, injured party, casualty, injured person, wounded person;
- a person who is tricked or duped.
“the victim of a hoax”
synonyms: dupe, easy target, easy prey, fair game, sitting target, everybody’s fool, stooge, gull, fool, Aunt Sally;
- a person who has come to feel helpless and passive in the face of misfortune or ill-treatment.
“I saw myself as a victim”
- not according with truth or fact; incorrect.
“he was feeding false information to his customers”
synonyms: incorrect, untrue, wrong, erroneous, fallacious, faulty, flawed, distorted, inaccurate, inexact, imprecise, invalid, unfounded;
- made to imitate something in order to deceive.
“the trunk had a false bottom”
plural noun: warrior
- (especially in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.
“the warrior heroes of ancient Greece”
synonyms: fighter, soldier, fighting man, serviceman, combatant; brave.
- any of a number of standing poses in yoga in which the legs are held apart and the arms are stretched outwards.
“I really love the warrior pose —it makes me feel centered and strong”
dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e., the male sex).“her brand of feminism is just poorly disguised misandry”
dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.“she felt she was struggling against thinly disguised misogyny”