Where in any proceeding under this Act it appears to the court that either the wife or the husband, as the case may be, has no independent income sufficient for her or his support and the necessary expenses of the proceeding, it may, on the application of the wife or the husband, order the respondent to pay to the petitioner the expenses of the proceeding, and monthly during the proceeding such sum as, having regard to the petitioner’s own income and the income of the respondent, it may seem to the court to be reasonable.

Comment: Amount awarded under section 125 Cr.P.C. adjustable against the amount granted under this section. Sudeep Chaudhary v. Radha Chaudhary. AIR 1999 SUPREME COURT 536